Wednesday, June 1, 2011

First appointment

Today was my first appointment at the weight loss center and I am feeling challenged and upset.
As expected, the first thing the doctor did was weigh me...yes...awkward! I am currently at 178.5 lbs with a BMI of over 41%, needless to say, super unhealthy and depressing...
They did an EKG to check for cardiac activity and assess blood flow and also some measurements and blood work...that was easy...
Then I went into a counseling session with a nutritionist, who went over the expectations for the diet and other details of the program...I got a B12 shot and that was that!
In addition to the diet, I will be taking some vitamin supplements as well as prescription appetite suppressants, which will help me curve my hunger and cravings!
The weight chart suggests I should lose 50+ lbs, but the doctor said that chart is very "aggressive" so we won't really set a specific target just yet! My personal target is 135 lbs, which is the ideal weight in my mind, so we'll see! I'm currently a tight size 10 and would like to be a 6, maybe even a 4.
I'm scheduled to start my diet tomorrow... we'll see how that goes!

1 comment:

  1. How I wish there was some kind of support like that here. The downfalls of living in the remote, north I guess!

    Keep at it- I need some inspiration. :)

    ReplyDelete