Saturday, May 28, 2011

It's time for a serious DIET!

I've been thinking about my self image for quite a while.. I think how I feel is very important to how I act and how I carry my life...
I am 29 years old and currently weigh almost 180 lbs, I'm in a tight size 10 (verging on a 12), I am embarrassed to wear a bathing suit, shorts or even a skirt...
It is such a pain for me to step on a scale, to try on new clothes and even to look at myself in the mirror....
I know some of you might think I'm exaggerating, however, this IS how I feel and no one can change that, except for ME!
For a while I've been noticing that my poor self-image has affected my mood, has made me irritable and even neglectful towards my feelings...
So, I've decided to start a diet...not just any diet, but a doctor-led diet. This diet will allow me to feel accountable as well as guided through this journey, which I'm sure will be long and painful...
I have decided to seek help from University Wellness and Weight Loss Centers and my first appointment is scheduled for June 1st. I will go on my trip to Las Vegas and come back to this challenge!
Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment