Friday, June 3, 2011

Day 1

I'm calling this my "Extreme Diet" and that will be how I refer to it throughout this journey... sounds fun, right???
So today was day 1 of my extreme diet... it was fun...NOT!
I struggled a bit, especially with my emotions... I feel like a failure for having to diet, I hate the fact that I can't eat like a "normal" person... maybe because I don't have self-control?
"How did I get here?", was the question that was in my head all day long... "what did I do to get this fat?"... was another question that popped in my mind... oh well..
I know there is no going back and I WILL DO THIS...
The first stage of the diet is a "protein only" phase..On Friday I need to test my urine for ketones and if I pass the test, I can add glycemic carbohydrates (vegetables and fruits) to my diet.. If I don't, I have to test again on Saturday and so on...
I also have to drink a gallon of fluids a day (preferably water)...that's a tough one!
This is what I ate today:
Breakfast:
2 eggs
Lunch:
5 oz of grilled chicken
1 string of mozzarella cheese
Dinner:
4 oz of grilled chicken
1 string of mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup of greek style yogurt (plain)

Total protein servings: 14

Today was rough!! I hope I pass that urine test tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment